Junior Learning and Evaluation Consultant
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Evaluation and Learning Consultant to support the delivery of inFocus training, evaluation and consultancy services and products.
You will be joining our small and friendly inFocus team, in a cross-cutting position with additional responsibilities to support new business development processes, assist with training and administration tasks. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to work with and build the capacities of interesting and inspiring NGOs in the UK and around the world, whilst learning a broad range of participatory consultancy and evaluation techniques. This is your chance to help make a greater difference in the world.
The position arises at a time of growth of the business and has been fixed for a twelve-month period (with anticipated extension to full time role), as it is anticipated that the nature of support required in delivering client projects and growing the business, will evolve over the period. This is an exciting time for the right candidate to grow with us.
- – Minimum one years’ experience in the international development or working with NGO/ charity/voluntary sector.
- – Minimum of 1 years direct previous experience in the monitoring and/or evaluation of a social sector programme, either as a consultant, member of staff or as a volunteer.
- – Qualitative and quantitative data collection/analysis skills.
- – Batchelor’s degree (or higher) in fields related to relevant social sector areas, organisational learning, or M&E.
- – Strong writing and editing skills – using plain English to write and edit reports and other documents.
- – Strong verbal communication skills.
- – Experience of project planning and working to targets.
- – A self-motivator, with good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to assume responsibility and work under own initiative, coping with a demanding workload and prioritising effectively.
- – Flexibility to adapt to new situations that arise when working in a small, dynamic consultancy.
- – Strong computer literacy skills particularly in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- – Must be UK based
- – Direct previous experience in the monitoring and/or evaluation of a social sector programme, either as a consultant, member of staff, or as a volunteer.
- – Master’s degree in fields related to relevant social sector areas, organisational learning, or M&E.
- – Experience of using databases/websites/software for the purpose of internal monitoring within an organisation.
- – Knowledge and understanding of one of our thematic areas e.g. sport for development and peace.
- – Experience of working with local partner organisations in the global south and overseas/field experience.
- – Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish or other language skills.
The position would be full-time (40 hours per week). We work flexibly but normal working hours fall between Monday- Friday, 8am and 6pm. There may be need upon occasion to schedule international time zone calls, which fall out-with of these normal hours.
Salary & Benefits:
The salary for the role is £22,000 per year. A company pension scheme is also in place, within which you will be auto-enrolled. This position is a fully-remote, work-from-home arrangement, however the candidate needs to be based in the UK for company working hours.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 14TH JANUARY 2022